Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Hiring manager: Meir Talbi
Verint CIS plan of becoming a standalone publicly-traded company shortly after the fiscal year-end. We are looking for Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to establish/set and lead the corporate accounting and reporting activities relating to SEC Reporting, US GAAP and the company’s accounting policies, as well as the review and adoption of new accounting pronouncements, Reporting to CIS global controller(VP accounting).
The Director of SEC Reporting &Technical Accounting is a critical and highly visible role within our organization
- Establish SEC reporting and technical accounting group
- Manage the preparation of the Company’s SEC filings, including 20-F, and other SEC filings. Prepare financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, and relevant disclosure checklists.
- Leading the quarterly consolidation and preparation of financial statements.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings.
- Manage, coach, and develop your direct and indirect team.
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with global team members and business partners across multiple organizations within the Company.
- Create and maintain SEC calendar, coordinate key timelines, and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure timely, accurate, and complete SEC filings.
- Stay abreast of accounting and financial reporting developments; assess, document, and direct the implementation of new SEC/GAAP pronouncements and disclosure-related matters.
- In charge of all accounting guidance implementation across the organization
- Review of schedules and analyses of quarterly reporting packages.
- Provide professional guidance and review & assure applying accurate accounting principle across all financial topics
- Maintain proper process/policy documentation, strong disclosure controls and procedures, and internal controls; partner with internal and external auditors to ensure continued compliance with SOX.
- Manage the preparation/review of audit schedules and provide timely responses to auditor requests.
- Manage, develop, and communicate Company accounting policies.
- Evaluate processes, drive system enhancements, and identify opportunities to optimize and scale.
- Work closely with the external auditors to resolve complex accounting issues.
- Manage the equity administration/accounting function, including stock-based compensation, EPS, and equity account reconciliations, in connection with the Company’s equity incentive plans.
- CPA with 8+ years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a high-tech multi-national organization.
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Experience in SEC reporting for a public company, managerial experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm, and/or operational controllership experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines.
- Strong communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Works well both independently and in a team environment, and able to interact effectively across the Company and with various business partners.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Oracle.
- Process-oriented with an ability to communicate goals, accomplishments, risks and next steps at all stages of a project.
- Experience with the financial aspects of revenue recognition, impairment, M&A, equity accounting and due diligence.