Infrastructure & Automation Engineer
Quality Engineering is seeking to add a key contributor to the team who would be instrumental in troubleshooting of our existing applications in the CI\CD process. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully resolving complex issues in a dynamic environment. Successful candidates must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive process improvement, and capable of driving high-level, ambiguous issues towards successful resolution.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Independently troubleshoot daily build issues, and resolve complex problems by analyzing product & systemic issues to identify root cause of problems and determine corrective actions.
- Work as a liaison & drive communication internally between QE, engineering & product management to drive successful builds.
- Develop automation scripts and utilities as required.
- Provide recommendation, feedback on design change / feature for process improvements to ensure that product meets quality standards.
- Prepare & maintain knowledge base articles for the different processes.
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done, provide mentoring and training for new employees and work cross functionally as a team member.
- Proactive in identifying critical points of failure, raising flags & escalating issues that are of urgent nature.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects simultaneously.
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems and concepts as well as make decisions based on given input; analytical skills include, but are not limited to applying logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions using Jenkins or any other CI/CD tool
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git.
- Experience of root cause analysis.
- Experience of software development within a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good team player.
- Ability to follow process but to remain flexible in achieving project objectives.
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to learn and demonstrate value.