The QA Architect provides overall architecture leadership for Verint’s Customer Engagement Solution portfolio. This role will be responsible for the overall QA architecture blueprint and quality engineering architecture roadmap of a vast suite of products used by thousands of customers worldwide. As a QA architect, this position will be responsible for the overall QA architecture that is driven by a contemporary set of standards and technologies including Selenium, REST, JSON, Hadoop, mobile, etc. The architecture will enable integration across Verint solutions, external solutions, and newly acquired solutions.
Responsibilities will include platform services such as security, cloud, scalability, redundancy, resiliency, and serviceability. This position will help influence the strategy for the Quality Engineering team that will work collaboratively with product architects, DevOps, and engineers on key strategic cross-functional sub-systems and functions to ensure consistent architecture across our product portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have great empathy for the customer and end user, a sophisticated understanding of the competitive landscape, outstanding communication skills, demonstrated record of accomplishment of recent experience and success leading architecture of a sophisticated product portfolio, experience working with large globally distributed team, and experience with integration of various product platforms.
This is a strategic function with a high level of internal and external visibility, responsible for working closely with our global engineering teams, Product Strategy team, and strategic customers and partners.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Global overall responsibility for defining and advancing our Enterprise Quality initiative.
- Recommend and help to establish global quality engineering skills changes necessary to achieve our Enterprise Quality initiative.
- Develop an architecture for testing our products at a system level and product level.
- Working through customer scenarios to identify major focus areas of testing improvement.
- Working with senior leadership of products to identify immediate plan for upgrading quality across the portfolio.
- Define a QA architecture blueprint for the delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable customer engagement optimization solutions.
- Provide hands-on QA architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to Verint’s distributed engineering teams.
- Be an evangelist and strong communicator of the QA architectural blueprint of our product to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit our customer’s needs.
- Serve as a visionary leader for the company’s product architecture strategy.
- Contribute to development and prioritization of product roadmap and market requirements.
- Manage highly technical product initiatives, demanding strong communication, dependency management, conflict resolution, execution responsibility, and prioritization skills.
- Initiate and manage new technology evaluation and proof of concepts.
- Work closely with research teams, ensuring research and incubation initiatives are purpose-driven within the context of customer and market needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in hands-on development and application architecture and design in the delivery of software products.
- 5+ years in an architecture role in previous large scale software development projects.
- Proven track record for technically leading development teams and delivering products successfully.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience architecting and building large-scale enterprise software.
- Experience architecting and tuning a large scale solution on the cloud.
- Experience in Agile software development process.
- Travel is required to global engineering centers, customer locations, and industry events.
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in Analytics is a big plus.