Microsoft Systems Architect
Overview of Job Function:
Manage all aspects of Microsoft on premise and cloud environments, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security. Manage the Azure Windows server infrastructure and hosted applications including SharePoint and web applications. Provide T3 support to internal customers and IT teams. Must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and build Microsoft infrastructure to support company needs.
- Oversee the Azure cloud infrastructure and platform that host critical applications.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new functionality, based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
- Perform typical system administrative activities such provisioning environments, backups, restores, security updates and issue resolution.
- Provide tier 3 Technical supports for any issues related infrastructure and platform.
- Maintain and administer the Microsoft windows AD and server environment, including health monitoring, T3 troubleshooting and performance analysis; Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise Microsoft environment (O365, AD, Azure, IIS, etc.)
- 5+ years of hands on system architect experience with Microsoft platforms such as Microsoft AD, messaging and server platforms
- Strong Project Implementation/Maintenance experience in compute infrastructure
- Expert (architect level) in Azure cloud infrastructure
- Strong Technical knowledge around virtualization (VMware is a must)
- ITIL savvy
- Knowledgeable with colocation and DR projects
- Experience with compute information securit best practices
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize servers and storage performance
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Proven IT work experience with top tier servers platforms (HP, UCS, Nutanix)