Associate Performance and Sizing Engineer
Hiring manager: Nina Ostrover
Overview of Job Function:
The Associate Performance and Sizing Engineer will work with members of the development teams in the organization and is responsible for development and execution of the performance test plans for each release. The Associate Performance and Sizing Engineer provides subject matter expertise and guidance to team members in both development and QE. This individual is responsible for creating Performance test plans, scripts, harnesses, and processes for assigned Verint software products in a fast-paced global development environment.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Plan, design and execute performance, stability and hardware sizing tests.
- Setup hardware and software as required for performance tests.
- Work with engineering team members to develop/maintain performance test scripts and tools.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Manage and monitor performance defect lifecycle as per the defined process.
- Track and report performance progress against requirements traceability matrix and project schedules.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures
- Review performance and sizing documentation.
- Participate in Standup Meetings and provide regular project updates via status reports.
- Follow the supervision by Team Lead and Senior Performance Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- Up to 2 years of industry experience with testing methodologies
- Application server experience (for example IIS, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat);
- Experience developing Java and/or C languages
- Experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability testing using LoadRunner, JMeter or similar
- Experience writing basic SQL queries
- Experience developing LoadRunner scripts or comparable product is preferred
- Good knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows servers
- Experience and troubleshooting of Linux servers, preferable RHL
- Experience with performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace
- Experience with diagnostics tools like HP diagnostics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve through logical thinking.
- Ability to work with multiple product teams both local and remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to estimate test cycles, maintain schedule while working on multiple projects
- Successful completion of Verint background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification
- Successful completion of a credit check for travel related roles.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.