Senior Android Developer
Hiring manager: Amit Kahn
We at Verint- NowForce, are looking for a Hands-On Senior Android Developer to join our team, developing command and control solutions.
You will be responsible for the development of our Android
application, which is currently used by thousands of users across the globe.
The position is based in our office in Jerusalem.
- Understanding services (forward, background, intent), life cycles.
- Acquaintance with limitations introduced in 6-11, particularly 6, 8, 11.
- Understanding power modes
- Modern methodologies
- ViewModels, MVVM vs MVC
- Concurrency in Java & Android
- Kotlin basics
- Understanding Coroutines
- Legacy AngularJS. Compatibility in several Android versions.
- B.A. in computer science
- 5+ years of experience as Android developer
- Self-learning and independent working high capabilities
- Ability to work long hours when required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English
- Clear thinker and with ability to think "out-of-the-box” and develop creative solutions.
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
- Location and sensor managers
- Firebase messaging
- Bluetooth (BLE)
- Detecting real time issues
- Basic acquaintance with Python
NowForce offers comprehensive mobile solutions for emergency response and security organizations, enabling reduced response times, full situational awareness, and enhanced communications. The company’s solutions make it simple for agencies to locate, communicate with, and dispatch the closest available responder to the scene. NowForce’s customers include law enforcement and campus and private security organizations, as well as volunteer EMS and fire departments who boast response times of 2-3 minutes, far below the national averages. Learn more at: