System Performance Engineer
Hiring manager: Asaf Shaked
Join our video and situation intelligence division at Verint for a unique role.
You will be joining a team of system specialists, working on a network based video management product, situational awareness platform and our mobile dispatcher application.
The job consist of load-testing a scalable web application, including multiple tiers such as DB, API, website and mobile app and during this work you will be collaborating with R&D with regards to the performance & scale aspects of our products.
The position requires self-motivation and a desire to improve our development processes on a daily basis to maximize our product performance.
If you are experienced with infrastructure aspects of a product, such as Operation Systems, networking, IO load, and application level aspects, keep on reading :)
- Manage the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of our products, by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Identify and warn against potential bottlenecks in a software product throughout its lifecycle.
You Should Have:
- Analytical thinking, diagnostic and problem-solving, with ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of web based systems (REST Web Services, IIS, Application pools, etc.) - Mandatory
- Knowledge of AWS (instances, load-balancers, security groups, etc.)
- Proven experience in performance testing & debugging methodologies of complex systems, including C++, .NET applications and MSSQL.
- Experienced with system monitoring and performance measurement using Windows Performance Monitor and other monitoring tools and systems.
- Vast knowledge of Windows Server and Client internals.
- Knowledge of professional systems architectures, Compute (Dell, HP), Storage (NetApp, EMC), Network (Cisco, HP) and Virtualization (VMware).
- Basic programming or scripting skills at least in one language (C#, Java, PowerShell, Python, etc).
- Knowledge of SQL Server and MongoDB – Highly recommended
- Knowledge of WebSockets with preference to SignalR – recommended
- Knowledge of FCM (Firebase) Push messages and FCM testing tools – recommended
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We are transitioning to Cognyte in 2021. We are the global leader in security analytics software that empowers governments and enterprises with Actionable Intelligence for a safer world