System Performance Engineer
Hiring manager: Asaf Shaked
Join our video and situation intelligence division at Verint for a unique role.
You will be joining a team of system specialists, working on a network based video management product and situational awareness platform.
You will be working with R&D with regards to the performance & scale aspects of our product.
The position requires self-motivation and a desire to improve our development processes on a daily basis to maximize our product performance.
If you are experienced with infrastructure aspects of a product, such as Operation Systems, networking, IO load, and application level aspects. keep on reading :)
- Manage the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of our products, by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Identify and warn against potential bottlenecks in a software product throughout its lifecycle.
- Analytical thinking, diagnostic and problem-solving, with ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven experience in performance testing & debugging methodologies of complex systems, including C++, .NET applications and MSSQL.
- Experienced with system monitoring and performance measurement using Windows Performance Monitor and other monitoring tools and systems.
- Vast knowledge of Windows Server and Client internals.
- Knowledge of professional systems architectures, Compute (Dell, HP), Storage (NetApp, EMC), Network (Cisco, HP) and Virtualization (VMware).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic programming or scripting skills at least in one language (C#, Java, PowerShell, Python, etc).